Rockstar Money Challenges
Welcome to our weekly money challenges! As much as we love reading about finances, none of it really matters unless you’re actually going to follow it up and TAKE ACTION.
So every Monday, Derek from HowDoIMoney.com will be issuing a new money challenge to us all. These challenges will be simple, fun, and most importantly, will help you take another step towards growing your wealth. If it can be challenged, we will challenge it!
Your part is to accept each challenge and check it off your to-do list by the end of the week.
Then hop into our forums and share your results with the rest of the community, so that we can not only learn from each other but also feel good about making progress! Think of it like getting a gold star in elementary school, only these gold stars actually help you retire earlier ;)
We hope you’ll join us!
List of Challenges So Far:
- Challenge #1: Find Your “Why” (We start with the most important question of all!)
- Challenge #2: Sell Something on Craigslist! (Perfect way to make extra cash for the holidays)
- Challenge #3: Thank the Forgotten (Who deserves a little extra love in your community?)
- Challenge #4: Return, Re-gift, or Donate One Thing! (Here’s permission to unload unwanted gifts!)
- Challenge #5: Leave a Tip, Take a Tip! (Share your favorite money tips and borrow another’s!)
- Challenge #6: Wake Up One Hour Earlier This Week (Do something for your finances/dreams!)
- Challenge #7: Start on Your (oh-so-fun) Taxes! (Do one thing that helps you get going)
- Challenge #8: Create a Credit Card List! (To save you time/stress any time you lose one!)
- Challenge #9: Look For Lost Money! (Check to see if your state is holding money of yours!)
- Challenge #10: Have a Money Date Night! (Get up close and personal with your numbers!)
- Challenge #11: Picture Your Debt – Literally (Find a way to *visually* track your debt!)
- Challenge #12: Create A Food Plan (Figure out how much you’re spending on food and improve it)
- Challenge #13: Put Your Goals on an Index Card! (Write out your money plan for the next 12 mos)
- Challenge #14: Explore a New Savings Idea (Stash an extra $20, $50 or $100 this week!)
- Challenge #15: Set a One Year Check-In (Surprise your future self with some good reflection!)
- Challenge #16: Host a Money Meetup (Plan a meetup around money, life or entrepreneurship)
- Challenge #17: Ditch Your Car One Day This Week (Swap the car for a walk or bike!)
About Our Master of Challenges:
Derek blogs over at HowDoIMoney.com, and has been helping people pay off debt and grow their net worth since 2010.
His work has been featured on Rockstar Finance a handful of times, and he’s “outrageously thrilled” to play a bigger part here!
Or come say hi to him in the Rockstar Forums!
Series launched on 12/5/16 – Check back every Monday for new challenges!