Here are the latest games in the fourth round of the 2019 Rockstar Rumble.
We’ve listed each “game” (one post versus another) along with wording provided by the author when the post was submitted. Also listed is a keyword after each post title to make it easy to vote. Be sure to vote for your favorites since you will help determine the winner!
Criteria for the best article is what makes Rockstar content which includes these factors:
- Starts with an interesting title
- Includes unique content — we like posts that are edgy, feisty, funny, failure-focused, and super helpful
- Easy to read
- Positive/uplifting (vs. negative)
The voting will run for 48 hours. At that point, a winner will be named and will advance. You can follow the results in the brackets here. Please note, there is ONE VOTE PER PERSON.
To be sure you see all games, click on the Rumble category link and scroll down.
If you like great posts like these featured, you can subscribe to the Rockstar Finance weekday email and get the best personal finance articles delivered to your inbox.
Today’s games are brought to you by Mediavine, a full-service ad management solution for digital content creators.
Here are today’s games:
- 8 Gift Ideas When You’re Buying for a Frugal Person (Gift) — The title sounds boring but don’t be put off! Here are some creative solutions to that perennial problem of what to gift that lovable frugalist in your life. (Or if YOU’RE the frugal one – point them towards these ideas so they don’t waste their money on things you’d rather not have.)
- Pancakes Cost More Than You Think (Pancakes) — It’s the age old question…To pancake or not to pancake? On the surface, this may seem like a simple decision, however pancakes (and other relatively small purchases) may be costing you much more than you realize.
Rumble 2018: Round 4, Game 1: Gift vs. Pancakes
- Gift (56%, 641 Votes)
- Pancakes (44%, 513 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,154
- Meet The Women Of The Financial Independence Community (Women) — Women are a huge part of the financial independence community, but there’s been a lack of attention on women’s stories in particular, to the point that many still can’t point to women writing about and living financial independence. This post was born out of an ask for more women bloggers in a roundup and the answer was “I don’t know.” Well, I know, and here they are.
- The Ultimate Guide To Estate Planning In The Digital Age (Estate) — Can you think of anything more important than protecting your family when you pass away? Did you know that the majority of families are torn apart after the passing of a loved one because the deceased never put a plan in place? Who would know how to access your digital assets after you pass away? There is no better way to say “I love you” to your family and loved ones than to follow these simple steps before it’s too late!
Rumble 2018: Round 4, Game 2: Women vs. Estate
- Women (55%, 142 Votes)
- Estate (45%, 114 Votes)
Total Voters: 256
- The 10 Ultimate Commandments of Investing (Ultimate) — This post is a practical drill down to the basics of investing in the financial markets. It attempts to awaken the reader to popular investing myths, behavioural biases, and other pitfalls, that doom portfolios owned by both beginner and experienced investors to failure. The lessons are simple to follow and are bound to benefit the reader!
- Saving Me From Myself With DCA (DCA) — Are you down with DCA? Yeah you know, Dollar Cost Averaging. DCA with automatic investing is a surefire path to FI. So crack a cold one and save yourself the mental heartache of trying to pick the perfect time to invest.
Rumble 2018: Round 4, Game 3: Ultimate vs. DCA
- Ultimate (73%, 98 Votes)
- DCA (27%, 37 Votes)
Total Voters: 135
- 4 Lies Money Gurus Tell You (Gurus) — Money gurus tell you to live on a budget, eat beans & rice, and cut up your credit card in order to win with your finances. But what if they’re lying to you? What if you CAN enjoy the journey on your way to money success? Here are four lies most money gurus tell you, and the real truth of the matter!
- When is a Dollar Not a Dollar (Dollar) — This post is perfect to encourage more people to invest. It is simple to read, and effectively outlines the key concepts of investing, compound interest and inflation. Anyone who is not investing needs to read this. And anyone who is investing needs this as a reminder.
Rumble 2018: Round 4, Game 4: Gurus vs. Dollar
- Dollar (50%, 100 Votes)
- Gurus (50%, 99 Votes)
Total Voters: 199
He’s an early 50’s retiree who achieved financial independence, shares what’s worked for him, and details how others can implement those successes in their lives. He is also the author of a free ebook titled Three Steps to Financial Independence and spends a lot of his time interviewing millionaires.