Update: Submissions are now closed. We will be reviewing all the entries and posting those included by January 21.
Today we announce the second annual Rockstar Rumble!
Last year’s event was such a success that we just had to do it again!
How It Works
Here are the basics of the competition:
- Bloggers will submit their posts for consideration by the Rockstar Finance team
- A total of
64128 posts will be selected for the 2018/19 competition
- Each one will be assigned randomly in a bracket set of “games” similar to the one used for the Men’s NCAA basketball tournament
- Rockstar will post rounds which will pit one post against another, listing the title of each post and a short description as well as linking to the full post
- Each day’s competition will be featured on Rockstar’s daily curation email to ensure thousands know about the Rumble
- Readers vote on which posts they like best
- The post with the most votes wins that round (the Rockstar team will break any ties)
- The winner will advance in the bracket to play again the next round
- Ultimately, there will be only one post left — the champion for this season
The articles will be judged by what Rockstar Finance looks for in a great post.
As a summary, here’s the criteria:
- Starts with an interesting title
- Includes unique content — we like posts that are edgy, feisty, funny, failure-focused, and super helpful
- Easy to read
- Positive/uplifting (vs. negative)
But ultimately readers will decide what they like best by their votes.
How to Enter
If you’re a blogger and have money-related posts you want to submit for consideration, please complete this form to enter.
NOTE: IF ANY OF THE FIELDS ARE MISSING OR INCORRECT, YOUR ENTRY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED SO PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING.
Submissions will be accepted through Friday, January 4 at noon Eastern time.
At that time the Rockstar Finance team will begin selecting from among all the entries to pick the top 64.
Brackets will be announced by Monday, January 21 and the Rumble will begin on Tuesday, January 22.
You can submit one post per site. If you have more than one blog, you can submit posts for each blog, though if accepted your posts will face each other in the early rounds so only one will ultimately get very far. This ensures that we don’t have one blogger who’s great at promotion facing himself or herself in the finals. :)
What’s in It for Bloggers?
Every participant will receive traffic, links to their posts, and the joy of rumbling it out with their fellow bloggers!
And the longer you stay in the competition, the more of these you’ll receive!
Why Readers Should Care
Readers get the chance to read some great pieces and help decide who wins this year’s championship.
It will be super fun — good stuff all the way around!
So what are you waiting for? Let the submissions begin!
He’s an early 50’s retiree who achieved financial independence, shares what’s worked for him, and details how others can implement those successes in their lives. He is also the author of a free ebook titled Three Steps to Financial Independence and spends a lot of his time interviewing millionaires.