Here are the latest games in the third round of the 2019 Rockstar Rumble.
We’ve listed each “game” (one post versus another) along with wording provided by the author when the post was submitted. Also listed is a keyword after each post title to make it easy to vote. Be sure to vote for your favorites since you will help determine the winner!
Criteria for the best article is what makes Rockstar content which includes these factors:
- Starts with an interesting title
- Includes unique content — we like posts that are edgy, feisty, funny, failure-focused, and super helpful
- Easy to read
- Positive/uplifting (vs. negative)
The voting will run for 48 hours. At that point, a winner will be named and will advance. You can follow the results in the brackets here. Please note, there is ONE VOTE PER PERSON.
To be sure you see all games, click on the Rumble category link and scroll down.
If you like great posts like these featured, you can subscribe to the Rockstar Finance weekday email and get the best personal finance articles delivered to your inbox.
Today’s games are brought to you by Mediavine, a full-service ad management solution for digital content creators.
Here are today’s games:
- The 10 Ultimate Commandments of Investing (Ultimate) — This post is a practical drill down to the basics of investing in the financial markets. It attempts to awaken the reader to popular investing myths, behavioural biases, and other pitfalls, that doom portfolios owned by both beginner and experienced investors to failure. The lessons are simple to follow and are bound to benefit the reader!
- Investing for Passive Income: 5 Steps for Living Off Dividends Forever (Dividends) — There are too many misconceptions with dividend investing. I debunk many of the myths associated with dividend investing and illustrate a simple, straightforward plan that everyone in the world can follow to live off dividends. Financial freedom through dividends is possible. My two case studies show exactly how.
Rumble 2018: Round 3, Game 5: Ultimate vs. Dividends
- Ultimate (73%, 92 Votes)
- Dividends (27%, 34 Votes)
Total Voters: 126
- My 9 Biggest Investing Mistakes – How to Avoid Them! (Mistakes) — Find out the 9 biggest investing mistakes I did in my life and learn how to avoid them! These mistakes can cost you, do not repeat my mistakes!
- Saving Me From Myself With DCA (DCA) — Are you down with DCA? Yeah you know, Dollar Cost Averaging. DCA with automatic investing is a surefire path to FI. So crack a cold one and save yourself the mental heartache of trying to pick the perfect time to invest.
Rumble 2018: Round 3, Game 6: Mistakes vs. DCA
- DCA (54%, 40 Votes)
- Mistakes (46%, 34 Votes)
Total Voters: 74
- Growing Up in the Ghetto: From the Projects to Home Ownership (Ghetto) — This is a powerful tale about social mobility, the power of education, and giving back to the community. As Tupac Shakur once said, “Just ’cause you’re in the ghetto doesn’t mean you can’t grow!”
- 4 Lies Money Gurus Tell You (Gurus) — Money gurus tell you to live on a budget, eat beans & rice, and cut up your credit card in order to win with your finances. But what if they’re lying to you? What if you CAN enjoy the journey on your way to money success? Here are four lies most money gurus tell you, and the real truth of the matter!
Rumble 2018: Round 3, Game 7: Ghetto vs. Gurus
- Gurus (50%, 108 Votes)
- Ghetto (50%, 107 Votes)
Total Voters: 215
- When is a Dollar Not a Dollar (Dollar) — This post is perfect to encourage more people to invest. It is simple to read, and effectively outlines the key concepts of investing, compound interest and inflation. Anyone who is not investing needs to read this. And anyone who is investing needs this as a reminder.
- What If Your Kids Had Their Retirement Funded Before They Finish High School? (Funded) — With so many people struggling to save enough for retirement, wouldn’t it be amazing if your kids got their retirement funded before they even finish high school? That crazy-sounding goal is well within reach for a lot of kids. If they will set aside a healthy portion of the money they receive for their birthdays, holidays, allowances, etc., and if they invest that money aggressively, they could have their retirement handled by the time they’re 16 and never have to add another dollar to their account after that.
Rumble 2018: Round 3, Game 8: Dollar vs. Funded
- Dollar (58%, 46 Votes)
- Funded (43%, 34 Votes)
Total Voters: 80