Here are the latest games in the third round of the 2019 Rockstar Rumble.
We’ve listed each “game” (one post versus another) along with wording provided by the author when the post was submitted. Also listed is a keyword after each post title to make it easy to vote. Be sure to vote for your favorites since you will help determine the winner!
Criteria for the best article is what makes Rockstar content which includes these factors:
- Starts with an interesting title
- Includes unique content — we like posts that are edgy, feisty, funny, failure-focused, and super helpful
- Easy to read
- Positive/uplifting (vs. negative)
The voting will run for 48 hours. At that point, a winner will be named and will advance. You can follow the results in the brackets here. Please note, there is ONE VOTE PER PERSON.
To be sure you see all games, click on the Rumble category link and scroll down.
If you like great posts like these featured, you can subscribe to the Rockstar Finance weekday email and get the best personal finance articles delivered to your inbox.
Today’s games are brought to you by Mediavine, a full-service ad management solution for digital content creators.
Here are today’s games:
- A Really Old Babysitting Check And a Missed Opportunity (Missed) — When my daughter sat on a babysitting check for over a year, I worked hard – too hard – to help her resolve it. I learned that letting kids suffer some negative financial consequences is sometimes good for their development.
- 8 Gift Ideas When You’re Buying for a Frugal Person (Gift) — The title sounds boring but don’t be put off! Here are some creative solutions to that perennial problem of what to gift that lovable frugalist in your life. (Or if YOU’RE the frugal one – point them towards these ideas so they don’t waste their money on things you’d rather not have.)
- Pancakes Cost More Than You Think (Pancakes) — It’s the age old question…To pancake or not to pancake? On the surface, this may seem like a simple decision, however pancakes (and other relatively small purchases) may be costing you much more than you realize.
- Beware! The Lifestyle Creep May Be Stalking You (Creep) — Have you ever wondered why you don’t have any money left to save even though you are earning more and more? Lifestyle Creep is an insidious condition that gets the best of most of us. This article explores the impact Lifestyle Creep can have over a decade if not kept in check and provides some blunt, but necessary advice for all of us!
- Meet The Women Of The Financial Independence Community (Women) — Women are a huge part of the financial independence community, but there’s been a lack of attention on women’s stories in particular, to the point that many still can’t point to women writing about and living financial independence. This post was born out of an ask for more women bloggers in a roundup and the answer was “I don’t know.” Well, I know, and here they are.
- Why I Don’t Consider Myself Frugal (Frugal) — I’m not frugal, but that doesn’t mean I’m bad with money! Frugality is a controversial topic in the personal finance community. There are those who will argue it’s an essential way of life, and others who see it as depriving yourself. I tackled the subject to show how I’m able to stay on track with my financial goals, while still living that unfrugal lifestyle.
- The Ultimate Guide To Estate Planning In The Digital Age (Estate) — Can you think of anything more important than protecting your family when you pass away? Did you know that the majority of families are torn apart after the passing of a loved one because the deceased never put a plan in place? Who would know how to access your digital assets after you pass away? There is no better way to say “I love you” to your family and loved ones than to follow these simple steps before it’s too late!
- How To Adult: Managing Your Money Like A Grown-Up (Adult) — Do you handle your money like a grown-up? Over 30 personal finance bloggers share what becoming a financially responsible adult looks like to them. Whether you’ve mastered your money or you’re still trying to “fake it til you make it” on this whole “adulting” thing, this insights from this post will help educate, entertain, and inspire you with experiences you’re guaranteed to relate with!