Here are the latest games in the second round of the 2019 Rockstar Rumble. We've listed each "game" (one post versus another) along with wording provided by the author when the post was submitted. Also listed is a keyword after each post title to make it easy to vote. Be sure to vote for your favorites since you will help determine the winner! Criteria for the best article is what makes Rockstar content which includes these factors:
- Starts with an interesting title
- Includes unique content — we like posts that are edgy, feisty, funny, failure-focused, and super helpful
- Easy to read
- Positive/uplifting (vs. negative)
The voting will run for 48 hours. At that point, a winner will be named and will advance. You can follow the results in the brackets here. Please note, there is ONE VOTE PER PERSON. To be sure you see all games, click on the Rumble category link and scroll down. If you like great posts like these featured, you can subscribe to the Rockstar Finance weekday email and get the best personal finance articles delivered to your inbox. Today's games are brought to you by the great new book from Grant Sabatier: Financial Freedom: A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need. Here are today's games: GAME 5
- Meet The Women Of The Financial Independence Community (Women) -- Women are a huge part of the financial independence community, but there’s been a lack of attention on women’s stories in particular, to the point that many still can’t point to women writing about and living financial independence. This post was born out of an ask for more women bloggers in a roundup and the answer was “I don’t know.” Well, I know, and here they are.
- 35 Mini-Missions To Improve Your Life and Money! (Missions) -- Big wins are nice, but smaller ones are delightful too ;) Here are a handful of super-achievable tasks to cross off over the next 35 days to win The Game of Life.
[poll id="201"] GAME 6
- Why I Took a 1-year Sabbatical from My Business (and how I did it) (Sabbatical) -- To date I have taken 7 sabbaticals ranging from a month to a year and this 7,000 word post details my exact process for how I do it, why I took an entire year, and the benefits that result - specifically for bloggers and online entrepreneurs.
- Why I Don't Consider Myself Frugal (Frugal) -- I'm not frugal, but that doesn't mean I'm bad with money! Frugality is a controversial topic in the personal finance community. There are those who will argue it's an essential way of life, and others who see it as depriving yourself. I tackled the subject to show how I'm able to stay on track with my financial goals, while still living that unfrugal lifestyle.
[poll id="202"] GAME 7
- The Ultimate Guide To Estate Planning In The Digital Age (Estate) -- Can you think of anything more important than protecting your family when you pass away? Did you know that the majority of families are torn apart after the passing of a loved one because the deceased never put a plan in place? Who would know how to access your digital assets after you pass away? There is no better way to say "I love you" to your family and loved ones than to follow these simple steps before it's too late!
- The Simple Math Behind Starting A Side Hustle (Math) -- Starting a side hustle is one of the most empowering things a person can do for both their finances and overall happiness. Even a humble hustle that nets an additional $50/month is a potent force when you consider the wonders of time and compound interest.
[poll id="203"] GAME 8
- How to Stop Spending Money You Don’t Have (Stop) -- Discover what the leading experts in behavior science say about getting your spending under control.
- How To Adult: Managing Your Money Like A Grown-Up (Adult) -- Do you handle your money like a grown-up? Over 30 personal finance bloggers share what becoming a financially responsible adult looks like to them. Whether you've mastered your money or you're still trying to "fake it til you make it" on this whole "adulting" thing, this insights from this post will help educate, entertain, and inspire you with experiences you're guaranteed to relate with!