Here are the latest games in the second round of the 2019 Rockstar Rumble. We've listed each "game" (one post versus another) along with wording provided by the author when the post was submitted. Also listed is a keyword after each post title to make it easy to vote. Be sure to vote for your favorites since you will help determine the winner! Criteria for the best article is what makes Rockstar content which includes these factors:
- Starts with an interesting title
- Includes unique content — we like posts that are edgy, feisty, funny, failure-focused, and super helpful
- Easy to read
- Positive/uplifting (vs. negative)
The voting will run for 48 hours. At that point, a winner will be named and will advance. You can follow the results in the brackets here. Please note, there is ONE VOTE PER PERSON. To be sure you see all games, click on the Rumble category link and scroll down. If you like great posts like these featured, you can subscribe to the Rockstar Finance weekday email and get the best personal finance articles delivered to your inbox. Today's games are brought to you by the great new book from Grant Sabatier: Financial Freedom: A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need. Here are today's games: GAME 1
- Six Personal Finance Lessons from Mr. Rogers (Rogers) -- Life lessons from Mr. Rogers are creatively used to showcase the authenticity of the financial independence movement. The use of inspiring quotes and humor bring a new light to the field of personal finances.
- A Really Old Babysitting Check And a Missed Opportunity (Missed) -- When my daughter sat on a babysitting check for over a year, I worked hard - too hard - to help her resolve it. I learned that letting kids suffer some negative financial consequences is sometimes good for their development.
[poll id="197"] GAME 2
- 8 Gift Ideas When You're Buying for a Frugal Person (Gift) -- The title sounds boring but don't be put off! Here are some creative solutions to that perennial problem of what to gift that lovable frugalist in your life. (Or if YOU'RE the frugal one - point them towards these ideas so they don't waste their money on things you'd rather not have.)
- Dear Bank: It's Not Me, It's You (Bank) -- Paying off the mortgage is a great accomplishment. And it will result in the most satisfying breakup you’ll ever have. The day you break up with the bank, when you walk in and make your last mortgage payment EVER.
[poll id="198"] GAME 3
- Are You Poor or Just Broke? (Broke) -- I was the poor kid. Or at least I thought I was. Turns out my family was not poor even in the slightest- we were just broke. The idea that being poor is simply a mindset and all that is needed it not to spend money on lifestyle inflation negates what is actually happening for those in poverty. This post looks at out language around money and describing ourselves as poor vs broke.
- Pancakes Cost More Than You Think (Pancakes) -- It's the age old question...To pancake or not to pancake? On the surface, this may seem like a simple decision, however pancakes (and other relatively small purchases) may be costing you much more than you realize.
[poll id="199"] GAME 4
- Live to the Fullest With These 23 Self-Growth Experiences (Experiences) -- Find adventure, knowledge, and growth with these 23 amazing life experiences. Live it up, laugh, cry, learn, and become your best, most extraordinary self.
- Beware! The Lifestyle Creep May Be Stalking You (Creep) -- Have you ever wondered why you don’t have any money left to save even though you are earning more and more? Lifestyle Creep is an insidious condition that gets the best of most of us. This article explores the impact Lifestyle Creep can have over a decade if not kept in check and provides some blunt, but necessary advice for all of us!