Here are the latest games in the first round of the 2018 Rockstar Rumble.
We’ve listed each “game” (one post versus another) along with wording provided by the author when the post was submitted. Also listed is a keyword after each post title to make it easy to vote. Be sure to vote for your favorites since you will help determine the winner!
Criteria for the best article is what makes Rockstar content which includes these factors:
- Starts with an interesting title
- Includes unique content — we like posts that are edgy, feisty, funny, failure-focused, and super helpful
- Easy to read
- Positive/uplifting (vs. negative)
The voting will run for 48 hours. At that point, a winner will be named and will advance. You can follow the results in the brackets here. Please note, there is ONE VOTE PER PERSON.
To be sure you see all games, click on the Rumble category link and scroll down.
If you like great posts like these featured, you can subscribe to the Rockstar Finance weekday email and get the best personal finance articles delivered to your inbox.
Today’s games are brought to you by Mediavine, a full-service ad management solution for digital content creators.
Here are today’s games:
- Money Lies that Keep You Poor (Lies) – There are several common money lies that people often follow that cause them to fail when managing their money. “Money Lies that Keep You Poor” breaks down the most common and offers a solution for winning with your cash.
- Money Hiding Spots From the Great Depression (Spots) – When people lost trust in the banks after the Great Depression, they discovered new places to store their money. Here’s a few of the more ingenious hiding spots.
Round 1, Game 5: Lies vs. Spots
- Spots (53%, 81 Votes)
- Lies (47%, 72 Votes)
Total Voters: 153
- Want your Kid to Grow up to be a Millionaire? (Kid) – “Want your Kid to Grow up to be a Millionaire?” breaks down the millionaire myth, that you have to make a million dollar salary to become a millionaire for parents and children.
- Less Stress and More Happiness (Stress) – An employee living paycheck to paycheck relies on their job for their livelihood. That job is at risk of being lost due to poor company performance or at the whim of one decision maker. This is my story of how being laid off has motivated me to achieve financial independence. When your financial needs are under your control, you will have less stress and more happiness!
Round 1, Game 6: Kid vs. Stress
- Stress (66%, 131 Votes)
- Kid (34%, 67 Votes)
Total Voters: 198
- How Hubby & I Discovered We Will Be Millionaires By Doing One Thing (Hubby) – Many people think it takes a lot of strategizing, building multiple side businesses, and other grand activities to become a millionaire. For my husband and I, our plan is summed up in 4 characters: 401(k).
- The Math Is the Easy Part (Math) – This insecure kid made terrible financial decisions in the pursuit of being cool. I had to make different choices to clean up that mess. Being different allowed me to create an amazing life free from money worries. I have plenty for the things that feed my soul since my soul has a reasonable appetite.
Round 1, Game 7: Hubby vs. Math
- Math (67%, 113 Votes)
- Hubby (33%, 55 Votes)
Total Voters: 168
- How to Become a Millionaire By Investing Consistently (Consistently) – Investing consistently is a key building block of wealth building, but many people don’t understand WHY it is so powerful. Well, today we’re going to explain it for you! And once you understand it, you’ll be even more motivated to keep your investing consistent.
- The Epic Battle Against the Ball Gag 401k (Gag) – One man’s battle to bring peace and harmony to the retirement plans of a former company. With a little moxy, a lot of research and a little bit of luck, he changes the financial future of all the employees from here until eternity.
Round 1, Game 8: Consistently vs. Gag
- Gag (68%, 100 Votes)
- Consistently (32%, 46 Votes)
Total Voters: 146
He’s an early 50’s retiree who achieved financial independence, shares what’s worked for him, and details how others can implement those successes in their lives. He is also the author of a free ebook titled Three Steps to Financial Independence and spends a lot of his time interviewing millionaires.