Here are the latest games in the first round of the 2018 Rockstar Rumble.
We’ve listed each “game” (one post versus another) along with wording provided by the author when the post was submitted. Also listed is a keyword after each post title to make it easy to vote. Be sure to vote for your favorites since you will help determine the winner!
Criteria for the best article is what makes Rockstar content which includes these factors:
- Starts with an interesting title
- Includes unique content — we like posts that are edgy, feisty, funny, failure-focused, and super helpful
- Easy to read
- Positive/uplifting (vs. negative)
The voting will run for 48 hours. At that point, a winner will be named and will advance. You can follow the results in the brackets here. Please note, there is ONE VOTE PER PERSON.
To be sure you see all games, click on the Rumble category link and scroll down.
If you like great posts like these featured, you can subscribe to the Rockstar Finance weekday email and get the best personal finance articles delivered to your inbox.
Today’s games are brought to you by Mediavine, a full-service ad management solution for digital content creators.
Here are today’s games:
- Your Chances Of Becoming A Millionaire By Age, Race, And Education (Chances) – Everybody wants to be a millionaire, yet only 4% of US households are millionaires in America today. Learn how your chances of becoming a millionaire increase or decreases by age, race, and education. If you don’t like your odds, know that you can change them!
- The Highly Effective Money Management Matrix (Matrix) – Stephen R. Covey is regarded as a time-management genius for his simple matrix showing the activities on which people should spend their time to be most effective. Why not adapt his enduring framework to personal finance?
Round 1, Game 45: Chances vs. Matrix
- Matrix (55%, 61 Votes)
- Chances (45%, 50 Votes)
Total Voters: 111
- Europe – We gallivanted around it. Here’s how much it cost. (Europe) – I don’t know about everyone else, but I love stories about traveling. I also like being a financial voyeur. I’m often wondering — how much did this actually cost? So I broke down our (hi, honey!) 3 week trip to Europe. You’ll laugh (maybe), you’ll cry (hopefully), you’ll know how much we spent.
- Frugality: Spend Less by Enjoying More (More) – Learn how to find your path to practicing frugality and enjoy your life more. Frugal living allows you to focus on your values and spend your time pursuing your passions.
Round 1, Game 46: Europe vs. More
- Europe (54%, 44 Votes)
- More (46%, 37 Votes)
Total Voters: 81
- What I Learned About Our Spending Habits From A No Spend Month (Habits) – If you’re waiting to start a goal until things fall into place, just go for it now. We plunged ourselves into a no spend month for the first time ever and we were absolutely floored at what a difference it made to our finances.
- Stop Setting Annual Net Worth Goals! (Goals) – A large percentage of the personal finance community is setting goals they have little control over! This post dives into why net worth goals are a dangerous habit and provides a better alternative to pursue going forward. Have you double checked your annual goals lately?
Round 1, Game 47: Habits vs. Goals
- Habits (59%, 49 Votes)
- Goals (41%, 34 Votes)
Total Voters: 83
- How to Lose $5 Million in 30 Days (Lose) – Do you know how to invest? Like really know how to invest??? I thought I did. I have an MBA, CFA, and am entrusted to manage hundreds of millions, yet I managed to lose more money than most people have ever seen in only 30 days. Learn from my mistakes to make sure your portfolio is properly diversified.
- 18 Tips to Get Rich (From Actual Millionaires!) (Rich) – Everyone wants to win with money, but most people think that they can’t do it – that somehow only certain individuals (a certain class, race, demographic) have the secrets to wealth, not them. This post gets rid of all that. Getting rich is simple. This article provides 18 tips from actual millionaires that almost anyone can do.
Round 1, Game 48: Lose vs. Rich
- Rich (67%, 48 Votes)
- Lose (33%, 24 Votes)
Total Voters: 72
He’s an early 50’s retiree who achieved financial independence, shares what’s worked for him, and details how others can implement those successes in their lives. He is also the author of a free ebook titled Three Steps to Financial Independence and spends a lot of his time interviewing millionaires.