Note: Be sure to read this entire post because it contains details you're going to need if you're in the competition. If you don't read it all, you do so at your own peril! :) Today, it's my pleasure to announce the 128 posts competing in the 2018 Rockstar Rumble. You can find the complete list (in bracket format) here.
As you likely know, we announced the Rockstar Rumble last December with an initial plan to include 64 posts -- just like the NCAA men's basketball brackets contain 64 teams. Due to the unanticipated number of submissions (over 260 posts were entered for those 64 slots!) we doubled the number of posts accepted to 128. Though it created more work on our end, we felt including more posts was the right decision. Even so, fewer than 50% of the posts submitted made the competition. To be included, a blogger had to offer an outstanding post. For those not included, please do not be discouraged. Much of the process is subjective, and there were many excellent posts that could have been included too -- but simply missed out because another one was slightly better suited in our opinion. In addition, the event remains something for everyone. All can participate by voting for their favorites and helping their friends do well in the competition. Thus, the Rumble should be a good time for all. It's meant to be fun!
For those of you in the competition, here's what will happen next:
- The games will begin on Monday, January 22. They will feature posts that will look similar to this.
- Each post will be included in that day's Rockstar Finance email, which will invite readers to vote for their favorites.
- The bloggers involved will be emailed as well to be sure they know their post is in an active game.
- The games will remain live for 48 hours. During that time, if your post is involved, you should be active at soliciting votes -- emailing readers and friends, using social media, posting on your site, etc.
- If you do this, please let everyone know that there is ONE VOTE PER PERSON (we do track this!). If we get the sense that anyone is making multiple votes to pad the results, that post will be disqualified. As such, we reserve the right to make any judgments we feel are appropriate throughout the competition. I wish we didn't have to mention this, but I've run this sort of competition many times and there's always someone who takes a fun event and has to win at all costs. Please do not be that person. ;)
- A new set of games will be announced each weekday. As winners are named, we'll move from 128 posts to 64 to 32 and so on -- until one is declared the winner.
Whoever wants to follow all the games/posts can do so by viewing our Rockstar Rumble category and scrolling down to see them all. Good luck to all involved!