Apparently, I’m not alone. In a Rockstar Finance poll of personal finance bloggers, Your Money or Your Life placed second only to the perennial favorite The Millionaire Next Door. That’s some pretty impressive company!
And now there’s a new version of Your Money or Your Life. It’s updated for 2018 and even includes a forward by Mr. Money Mustache (talk about being up with the times!)
Anyway, since this book is both a personal finance blogging favorite and has been updated, we thought now would be a great time to try something a bit new with it.
Over the course of the next two weeks, we will be having what we’re calling a “traveling book review” for the book. It will work like this: there will be a new post each weekday by a different money blogger reviewing a chapter of the book. This will not only allow readers to get in-depth coverage of each chapter (and thus know the book better), but it will also introduce you to some great personal finance bloggers. And if this effort goes well, we’ll cover other books in the same manner.
Here’s the list of days, chapters, and blogs for the Your Money or Your Life Traveling Book Review (updated to show the actual review as they are posted):
- April 3, Chapter 1: The Money Trap: The Old Road Map for Money, Review at Personal Finance for Beginners
- April 4, Chapter 2: Money Ain’t What It Used to Be — And Never Was, Review at The Financial Journeyman
- April 5, Chapter 3: Where is it All Going?, Review at Birds of a Fire
- April 6, Chapter 4: How Much is Enough? The Quest for Happiness, Review at Countdown To Tranquility
- April 9, Chapter 5: Getting It Out in the Open, Review at Duke of Dollars
- April 10, Chapter 6: The American Dream — on a Shoestring, Review at The Three Year Experiment
- April 11, Chapter 7: For Love or Money: Valuing Your Life Energy — Work and Income, Review at Financially Alert
- April 12, Chapter 8: Catching Fire: The Crossover Point, Review at The Rich Miser
- April 13, Chapter 9: Where to Stash Your Cash for Long-term Financial Freedom, Review at Fiintrovert
We will be listing the new post each day on the Rockstar Finance daily email. If you do not get it, you can sign up here.
We hope you join us and come along for the ride!
P.S. A new site just launched for Your Money or Your Life. Check it out and let us know what you think!
He’s an early 50’s retiree who achieved financial independence, shares what’s worked for him, and details how others can implement those successes in their lives. He is also the author of a free ebook titled Three Steps to Financial Independence and spends a lot of his time interviewing millionaires.