Here are the latest games in the sixth round of the 2019 Rockstar Rumble.We’ve listed each “game” (one post versus another) along with wording provided by the author when the post was submitted. Also listed is a keyword after each post title to make it easy to vote. Be sure to vote for your favorites since you will help determine the winner!Criteria for the best article is what makes Rockstar content which includes these factors:
- Starts with an interesting title
- Includes unique content — we like posts that are edgy, feisty, funny, failure-focused, and super helpful
- Easy to read
- Positive/uplifting (vs. negative)
The voting will run for 48 hours. At that point, a winner will be named and will advance. You can follow the results in the brackets here. Please note, there is ONE VOTE PER PERSON.To be sure you see all games, click on the Rumble category link and scroll down.
If you like great posts like these featured, you can subscribe to the Rockstar Finance weekday email and get the best personal finance articles delivered to your inbox.
Today’s games are brought to you by Mediavine, a full-service ad management solution for digital content creators.
Here are today’s games:
- 8 Gift Ideas When You’re Buying for a Frugal Person (Gift) — The title sounds boring but don’t be put off! Here are some creative solutions to that perennial problem of what to gift that lovable frugalist in your life. (Or if YOU’RE the frugal one – point them towards these ideas so they don’t waste their money on things you’d rather not have.)
- The 10 Ultimate Commandments of Investing (Ultimate) — This post is a practical drill down to the basics of investing in the financial markets. It attempts to awaken the reader to popular investing myths, behavioural biases, and other pitfalls, that doom portfolios owned by both beginner and experienced investors to failure. The lessons are simple to follow and are bound to benefit the reader!
Rumble 2018: Round 6, Game 1: Gift vs. Ultimate
- Gift (56%, 433 Votes)
- Ultimate (44%, 340 Votes)
Total Voters: 773
- Flexible FIRE (Flexible) — Although typical FIRE (Financial Independence/Retiring Early) gets all the attention and accolades these days across the interwebs, its lesser known relative Flexible FIRE deserves a serious look as well. Flexible FIRE is having enough of a nest egg (that will continue to grow over the years), combined with one or more sources of income, to provide the financial confidence and flexibility in life you are looking for.
- Raising My Brother (Brother) — As my immigrant parents worked relentlessly to provide for our family, I took over the responsibility of raising my brother. We now share an unbreakable bond that exceeds a normal sibling relationship. Now, as a college student, he even has his own category in our budget.
Rumble 2018: Round 6, Game 2: Flexible vs. Brother
- Flexible (64%, 1,403 Votes)
- Brother (36%, 798 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,201