Here are the latest games in the second round of the 2018 Rockstar Rumble. We've listed each "game" (one post versus another) along with wording provided by the author when the post was submitted. Also listed is a keyword after each post title to make it easy to vote. Be sure to vote for your favorites since you will help determine the winner! Criteria for the best article is what makes Rockstar content which includes these factors:
- Starts with an interesting title
- Includes unique content — we like posts that are edgy, feisty, funny, failure-focused, and super helpful
- Easy to read
- Positive/uplifting (vs. negative)
The voting will run for 48 hours. At that point, a winner will be named and will advance. You can follow the results in the brackets here. Please note, there is ONE VOTE PER PERSON. To be sure you see all games, click on the Rumble category link and scroll down. If you like great posts like these featured, you can subscribe to the Rockstar Finance weekday email and get the best personal finance articles delivered to your inbox. Today's games are brought to you by Mediavine, a full-service ad management solution for digital content creators. Here are today's games: GAME 25
- Why Talking About Money is the Best Medicine for Your Relationship (Talking) - Talking about money can transform your relationship into an intimate partnership working toward shared goals. Constant communication and accountability is the brick and mortar that build the foundation of a lasting relationship. Your relationship is too important not to be open and honest about your money. Are you ready to learn how to experience the good life?
- The Early Retirement Blog Movement Is A Big Mistake (Mistake) - Early retirement should not be your end goal! If you are intelligent enough to retire early, you are a ROCKSTAR! Work at finding what it is you love on your journey to financial independence. This way when you reach FI you can pivot into this field. You will be unstoppable and live a more fulfilling life then you could have ever imagined.
[poll id="93"] GAME 26
- Hard Work Doesn't Pay (Pay) - The American Dream says that if you work hard and play by the rules, you’ll be fairly rewarded with wealth and success. But is this still true? This article helps readers understand how the modern economy is different from our parents’ economy and how we can (and must!) follow new rules to succeed.
- Could you afford to save $5 a day? (Afford) - We are afraid to save money because seeing a large amount of cash disappear from our account is overwhelming. So, what if decreasing the amount and increasing the frequency could be the key to your financial struggle? Some people throw away $5 every single day without batting an eye. What is $5 worth to you? *pats self on back for making you think*
[poll id="94"] GAME 27
- The Stupidity of the Side Hustle (Hustle) - An honest take on the personal finance world's favorite thing...before cryptocurrency that is. Come for the post, stay for the comments!
- I'm totally handling my quarter life crisis...probably (Crisis) - "Quarter life crisis" has become synonymous with "millennial drama." But I'm here to tell you that it's very real and it's very confusing. I've put a lot of time and energy into thinking about what's next for me...and I've totally figured it out.
[poll id="95"] GAME 28
- How to Pay Off Debt When You Don't Know Where to Start (Start) - Many people feel stuck in their finances and will never get ahead with investments until they get their debt - or money management - under control. This post gives a step by step plan that will help them be intentional with their income.
- How Much Would You Save If Live Was Short? (Short) - A unique counter-argument to YOLO and Carpe Diem. The most common argument against FI, is missing out on life. This article shows you why even if you never see your 60s, it's best to save like crazy right away.