Here are the latest games in the first round of the 2019 Rockstar Rumble. We've listed each "game" (one post versus another) along with wording provided by the author when the post was submitted. Also listed is a keyword after each post title to make it easy to vote. Be sure to vote for your favorites since you will help determine the winner! Criteria for the best article is what makes Rockstar content which includes these factors:
- Starts with an interesting title
- Includes unique content — we like posts that are edgy, feisty, funny, failure-focused, and super helpful
- Easy to read
- Positive/uplifting (vs. negative)
The voting will run for 48 hours. At that point, a winner will be named and will advance. You can follow the results in the brackets here. Please note, there is ONE VOTE PER PERSON. To be sure you see all games, click on the Rumble category link and scroll down. If you like great posts like these featured, you can subscribe to the Rockstar Finance weekday email and get the best personal finance articles delivered to your inbox. Today's games are brought to you by Mediavine, a full-service ad management solution for digital content creators. Here are today's games: GAME 17
- Poverty, Bubbles, And The Line (Line) -- This post tells a story that anyone can relate to. That there are likely events in all of our lives that - had they gone another way or had we made another decision - life could have ended up drastically different. Possibly for the worse.
- Become a Millionaire in One Step (One) -- Building a huge retirement stash isn't rocket science. With this one retirement investing secret plus patience and discipline you can retire with a million dollars, or more. The earlier you start, the less you need to invest to reach $1 million. Initiate this step and a million dollar retirement is in your future.
[poll id="149"] GAME 18
- Holy Cow! What an investment! (Cow) -- Investing in livestock is a truly unique form of investment, especially for city dwellers with no farming experience. This post shares my personal experiences with a form of crowd-funded farming, why I love it and how it's working out for me. By far my most popular post for 2018.
- The 10 Ultimate Commandments of Investing (Ultimate) -- This post is a practical drill down to the basics of investing in the financial markets. It attempts to awaken the reader to popular investing myths, behavioural biases, and other pitfalls, that doom portfolios owned by both beginner and experienced investors to failure. The lessons are simple to follow and are bound to benefit the reader!
[poll id="150"] GAME 19
- A Beginner’s Guide to Buying Stocks (Guide) -- Too many people make stock market investing more complicated than it needs to be. It’s as though investing is a great mystery, one that can only be solved by those with special insight and knowledge. Thankfully, buying stocks doesn’t have to be a complex process. In fact, just about anyone can learn how to buy stocks with a little time and effort.
- Investing for Passive Income: 5 Steps for Living Off Dividends Forever (Dividends) -- There are too many misconceptions with dividend investing. I debunk many of the myths associated with dividend investing and illustrate a simple, straightforward plan that everyone in the world can follow to live off dividends. Financial freedom through dividends is possible. My two case studies show exactly how.
[poll id="151"] GAME 20
- How Does A 401k Work (In Plain English) (English) -- You've probably heard of 401k plans and you might even have some of your money invested in one. But do you really understand how they work? If not, you could be putting your retirement dreams at risk. Check out our Ultimate 401k Guide, which explains everything you need to know in plain English.
- The First $100,000 is the Hardest - The Miracle of Compound Interest (Miracle) -- Compound interest is one of the most important aspects of savings but many simply do not understand its' power. This article outlines and illustrates why and how compound interest works and why savings becomes easier once you cross the $100,000 mark. All thanks to the magic of compound growth!