If you’ve ever wondered how many personal finance bloggers there are in your home city, state or country, and how many are in their 30s or 60s, and which ones have kids, and who’s retired, or even more fascinating demographics like how many are black/white/asian/doctors/lawyers/baristas/dance teachers/geologists, you’ve come to the right place today :)
I’ve been dreaming of a blog directory for our community for almost a decade now, and after not being able to take it anymore, my team and I finally sat down and got this thing built.
Introducing the very first blog directory! –> RockstarDirectory.org
We’re still adding to it daily, but so far it contains over 650 *active* personal finance blogs, 100+ different freelancers and money coaches and financial advisors, souped-up versions of our best blogs list and our up and coming list, a new map of where all the bloggers live and, of course, the juiciest list of them all – our blogger net worth tracker.
Whether you’re a blogger, a journalist, a lover of finance, or just randomly popping over today, this was all made for people like YOU to help find what you’re looking for, and faster.
Here’s a screenshot of what it looks like:
And here are some interesting stats I just pulled out in literally a matter of seconds ;) (I cannot WAIT to see what some of you do with this content, btw – we’re able to track so much stuff now!)
- 56% of the bloggers are male (36% are female and 8% are teams)
- 49% of bloggers are in their 30s (21% are in their 20s, 17% in 40s and 8% in their 50s & 60s)
- Of those who disclosed their race, 82% are white, 9% are Asian, 4% are African American, and 3% are Hispanic or Latin
- 37% of all bloggers have kids (of which 54% of households have dual incomes, and 46% single)
- 34% of all bloggers are DINKs (Dual Income No Kids) and 21% SINKs (Single Income No Kids)
- 4% of all bloggers tracked are RETIRED :)
- 23% of them (154) publicly disclose their net worths (ranging from -$532,304 to +$5,000,000)
- We’re blogging from 6 of the 7 total continents (where you at, Antarctica bloggers?)
- We span 20 different countries, including Romania, Guatemala, South Africa and Israel!
- The most commonly held profession so far are those in IT (80 bloggers), followed by Engineers (40), with a lot less in financially-related jobs than you’d think?
- And we have at least one blogger who is an opera singer, flight attendant, model, physicist, patent examiner, nuclear contractor, firefighter (2, actually!), librarian, and costume designer.
Our ultimate goal is to track every single financial blog here (as well as other categories like financial podcasts – coming soon!), but for now it’s out the door and rolling so people can start using it. :) Here’s the main link to it again: RockstarDirectory.org
Let us know if you find it helpful, and if there’s anything else you think we should track!
You can submit your own financial blog using this form if you didn’t see yours included, and you can shoot us an email as well if we need to update any of your info already live. We added a few new categories after 200 of you first submitted your original data, so if anything is missing that’s probably why (sorry!).
I really hope you like this!!! Please share and pass it around!
Huge thanks goes out to Nate St. Pierre for helping make this much more helpful than what I first envisioned, and an even BIGGER thanks to Steve Adcock from ThinkSaveRetire.com who single-handedly built the entire back end infrastructure of this directory. This would all still be a dream if it weren’t for these two!