★ $ave Dat Money [NSFW]

Posted October 15, 2015 6:01 am by with 11 comments

Y‘all know we love talking about new ways to save money, and savings blogs have some of the best tips and tricks out there. But comedian/rapper Lil Dicky (real name David Burd) just released a new music video about saving money that he made on a $0 budget! That’s right: it was FREE to make!

How did he do it? By asking people if he could borrow things, like mansions and yachts, for 15 minutes at a time. He even asked T-Pain if he could crash his video shoot for a couple minutes of footage!

Warning: There’s some colorful language (and scarce clothes) in this video, but also a few epic celebrity appearances. (Keep your eye out for Mark Cuban and Sarah Silverman.)

Check it out (8m 47s)!

Our favorite part:

I ain’t parkin’ that unless the meter green, homie
Hair cut several months in-between, homie
Hit the motherf**kin’ lights when I leave, homie…
401k rollin’ over bands on it
Coppin’ sweaters in the summer when the sale on them
The f*ck you rappers bragging bout? You overpaying for it

Enjoy!

PS: If you like this guy, check out these two songs of his too… straight up cray.

[Shout out to Alok for introducing me to this dude]

Bringing you the best of money! After you're done reading this awesome article, head to our forums and come hang out :)

11 responses to ★ $ave Dat Money [NSFW]

1. Old School October 15th, 2015 at 9:15 am

1 million thanks for this video. It was awesome!

2. Cassie October 15th, 2015 at 10:43 pm

OMG, this just made my night. SO FUNNY!

3. J. Money October 16th, 2015 at 6:54 am

Save dat money, y’all!

4. Andria October 16th, 2015 at 10:26 am

I am a sucker for rap songs I just love them still even though I am 36. I love that this one is about saving money and the video was hilarious and awesome at the same time. Thanks for sharing!!!

• J. Money October 16th, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Ha same here.. as a 35 year old :)

5. Kim @ Needing The Dough October 16th, 2015 at 12:22 pm

This is fantastic :D

6. Ellie October 16th, 2015 at 3:47 pm

What a fun rap video. I love his tenacity. Really hope there’s a documentary coming out about the making of this video.

Save dat money!

• J. Money October 16th, 2015 at 4:03 pm

Oh man… you gotta check out his other vids too – I can’t stop watching them on repeat!

7. Stephen October 18th, 2015 at 1:00 pm

He certainly has some hustle in him!

8. Dan January 19th, 2017 at 12:15 pm

This is so epic!!! Sharing with all my friends. He’s like the modern weird al yankovic. Incredible that he was able to get it all done for free. Just goes to show you, that if you hustle there is a way!!!!

• J. Money January 25th, 2017 at 3:16 pm

haha yup!!

glad you liked it – I still watch it at least a cple times a month :)