Rockstar Rumble, Round 1, Posts 97-104
Here are the latest games in the first round of the 2018 Rockstar Rumble.
We’ve listed each “game” (one post versus another) along with wording provided by the author when the post was submitted. Also listed is a keyword after each post title to make it easy to vote. Be sure to vote for your favorites since you will help determine the winner!
Criteria for the best article is what makes Rockstar content which includes these factors:
- Starts with an interesting title
- Includes unique content — we like posts that are edgy, feisty, funny, failure-focused, and super helpful
- Easy to read
- Positive/uplifting (vs. negative)
The voting will run for 48 hours. At that point, a winner will be named and will advance. You can follow the results in the brackets here. Please note, there is ONE VOTE PER PERSON.
To be sure you see all games, click on the Rumble category link and scroll down.
If you like great posts like these featured, you can subscribe to the Rockstar Finance weekday email and get the best personal finance articles delivered to your inbox.
Today’s games are brought to you by Mediavine, a full-service ad management solution for digital content creators.
Here are today’s games:
- Introducing Retirement Freedom (Freedom) – If you’re like most of us, retirement is probably years away – whether it’s early retirement or otherwise. But how would your life today change if you *knew* you didn’t have to worry about money after age 65? What is you could stop contributing to your retirement accounts today? Meet “Retirement Freedom” – check out the concept and calculator and see when you’ll be retirement free!
- Why Talking About Money is the Best Medicine for Your Relationship (Talking) – Talking about money can transform your relationship into an intimate partnership working toward shared goals. Constant communication and accountability is the brick and mortar that build the foundation of a lasting relationship. Your relationship is too important not to be open and honest about your money. Are you ready to learn how to experience the good life?
Round 1, Game 49: Freedom vs. Talking
- Talking (53%, 81 Votes)
- Freedom (47%, 72 Votes)
Total Voters: 153
- Everyone Wants You To Be In Debt (Everyone) – Car dealerships use tricks to get you into bad situations but they aren’t the only ones you need to watch out for. The government and even your family expect you to be in debt but it doesn’t have to be that way. Find the community to surround you on your path to being debt free and on your way to financial independence.
- The Early Retirement Blog Movement Is A Big Mistake (Mistake) – Early retirement should not be your end goal! If you are intelligent enough to retire early, you are a ROCKSTAR! Work at finding what it is you love on your journey to financial independence. This way when you reach FI you can pivot into this field. You will be unstoppable and live a more fulfilling life then you could have ever imagined.
Round 1, Game 50: Everyone vs. Mistake
- Mistake (53%, 69 Votes)
- Everyone (47%, 61 Votes)
Total Voters: 130
- Hard Work Doesn’t Pay (Pay) – The American Dream says that if you work hard and play by the rules, you’ll be fairly rewarded with wealth and success. But is this still true? This article helps readers understand how the modern economy is different from our parents’ economy and how we can (and must!) follow new rules to succeed.
- Set Audacious Goals (Goals) – This post is about goal setting for the bold. It’s about dreaming big and not being afraid of failure. You might surprise yourself by what you can achieve.
Round 1, Game 51: Pay vs. Goals
- Pay (60%, 59 Votes)
- Goals (40%, 39 Votes)
Total Voters: 98
- Could you afford to save $5 a day? (Afford) – We are afraid to save money because seeing a large amount of cash disappear from our account is overwhelming. So, what if decreasing the amount and increasing the frequency could be the key to your financial struggle? Some people throw away $5 every single day without batting an eye. What is $5 worth to you? *pats self on back for making you think*
- Free: I’m Done (Done) – It took me a long time to gather the courage to leave my job, but I did it. I was half terrified and have thrilled to do it. This is the story.
Round 1, Game 52: Afford vs. Done
- Afford (53%, 57 Votes)
- Done (47%, 51 Votes)
Total Voters: 108