★ Our New Money Forums!

Posted November 14, 2016 6:02 am by with 16 comments

new rockstar money forums

Hey guys! A lot of you have asked over the years if we could have a place here at Rockstar to talk about money more freely, and now that time has finally come :)

Introducing, our new money forums! –> forums.rockstarfinance.com

A (non-judgmental) place to talk about saving, investing, paying off debt, FIRE, getting personal answers to your own financial questions, and even talking about blogging if you’re into that sorta stuff (don’t worry – it’s a private group so it doesn’t annoy anyone!)

It’s been fun curating and sharing all the best articles we’ve come across over the years, but we’ve always wanted to make Rockstar more of a “home” to hangout and dive into this stuff more, so this is phase 1 of about 7 more phases to come over the next couple months. We have a big vision for the site, and it’s all centered around one important thing – you guys. Our community. So we hope this helps out, and we’re excited to launch the other ideas soon!

Here are snapshots of the forum below… We kept it nice and simple for ya.

rockstar finance forums latest[Main “posts” view]

rockstar finance forums categories[“Categories” view]

rockstar forums profile page[Member profile pages]

You’ll already find dozens of discussions going on, and you can sign up for free here:

Next up: Building out the industry’s first PF Blog Directory (if you’re a blogger, submit yours here!), creating a Community Fund to help give back to those who need it, and launching our wave of Rockstar “original series” that includes in-depth book reviews, helpful resources, giveaways, and my personal favorite: weekly money challenges.

We’re about to have some fun in here!

Jay is the founder of Rockstar Finance, and blogs about money over at BudgetsAreSexy.com. He loves all things finance, coffee, and hip-hop, and is the proud daddy of two beautiful little boys!

16 responses to ★ Our New Money Forums!

1. Michael @ Financially Alert November 14th, 2016 at 6:29 am

Thanks for creating this, J$!! These forums are awesome and I’ll definitely be frequenting them often.

So glad you didn’t sell RSF! :)

• J. Money November 14th, 2016 at 6:58 am

Thanks Michael, me too :) My heart would have really regretted that decision, and glad to finally be working on all these ideas I’ve had over the years! I really think it’s going to help people so much! And it’s already pretty fun! (Esp the forums – it’s like a 2nd home to us $$ nerds, haha…)

2. Steve @ Think Save Retire November 14th, 2016 at 7:43 am

These forums are easily the most fun that I’ve had in the personal finance community since I joined back in 2014. There is something truly magical about connecting with people all around the world about a topic that means so much to you.

Check these forums out, people – I bet you won’t be disappointed.

• J. Money November 14th, 2016 at 10:21 am

Thanks man :) Been a blessing having you on the team helping facilitate too. If I was by myself I’d never get anything done!! It’s pretty addicting! Haha…

3. Xyz from Our Financial Path. November 14th, 2016 at 10:19 am

Great idea, thank you for continuing to contribute so much to the FIRE community!

• J. Money November 14th, 2016 at 10:22 am

Of course! This is my 2nd family! :)

4. freetopursue November 14th, 2016 at 4:28 pm

Pinch me. The forum is AMAZING! And the above is a great post to cover offer everyone the gist of it. I dare anyone not to spend 1hr on the first visit…not that I speak from experience or anything.

• J. Money November 14th, 2016 at 4:34 pm

haha – thanks friend :)

5. Liz November 15th, 2016 at 12:09 pm

Yess!! So excited about the community – and frankly so are my real-life friends who are a little tired of my money conversations.

• J. Money November 15th, 2016 at 3:53 pm

Don’t worry, you are not alone ;)

6. MP November 15th, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Finally, you start to deliver your full potential to the world ;P
    I should follow!

Keep up the good work bro.

Cheers from Switzerland

• J. Money November 16th, 2016 at 6:23 am

Thanks man :) I can tell you this much so far – it feels MUCH better taking action than thinking about it for months/years on end! I hope you do go after some of your own ideas brewing over there. It’s fun seeing what happens to them in the real world!

7. Chris @ MindfulExplorer November 19th, 2016 at 1:58 pm

My tiny little forum avatar in that screen shot is my first official appearance on Rockstar Finance LOL

Seriously though, love the forums and can honestly say a tad bit addictive. I am learning so much and you have brought together an amazing community already in such a short time.

• J. Money November 20th, 2016 at 9:44 am

HAH! Awesome!!

Really glad you’ve been enjoying it so far, man. I’ve loved seeing you in there starting threads and engaging with others – we’ve got such a good (and positive!!) group going. Couldn’t be happier :)

8. derek November 26th, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Me like.

Me thinks this will be huge.