★ Money Challenge #25: Save $25 Right Now

Posted May 22, 2017 6:00 am by with 9 comments

100 dollar richer month

This is part of our weekly Money Challenge series.

Onto round III of our $100 Richer Month mini-challenges! In week I, we asked you to throw an extra $25 into your investments, then in week II we challenged you to pay off an extra $25 of debt. Now for week III, we tackle another pillar of personal finances: your *savings*.

Ready to go?

This week’s challenge: Save an extra $25 right now!

Here are 3 quick ways to do so:

• Transfer $25 directly into your savings account
  • Look for spare change/cash around your house or in your couches or in your cars
  • Sign up for a savings app and have robots do it all for you (we like Digit, Qapital, and Tip Yourself)

For bonus points, make this $25/week recurring!

Give us a quick “I’m in!” if you accept the challenge.

*****

9 responses to ★ Money Challenge #25: Save $25 Right Now

1. Mark M. May 22nd, 2017 at 8:30 am

I’m in.

As a bonus, this $25 brought my emergency fund to exactly one month’s expenses.

2. Mrs. Picky Pincher May 22nd, 2017 at 9:21 am

I’m in! Happy to report that last week I pumped $25 into my Acorns account. It’s not much, but it’s got me into investing. :)

Doing the savings challenge now! :)

3. Zac May 22nd, 2017 at 11:57 am

I’m in!

I deposited my “if you can spend it you can save it” money from this weekend.

• J. Money May 23rd, 2017 at 5:39 am

Haha, yes – love it.

4. Mike @ Tip Yourself May 22nd, 2017 at 6:19 pm

You know I’m in!! #Boom

• J. Money May 23rd, 2017 at 5:41 am

There he is! How’s app life these days? :)

• Mike @ Tip Yourself May 23rd, 2017 at 8:49 am

The Tip Yourself community continues to grow and inspire us everyday. Great people coming together to get motivated, stay positive and save some money in the process!! – #TipYourself #YouEarnedit