★ Money Challenge #24: Pay Off $25 of Debt!

Posted May 15, 2017 6:00 am by with 9 comments

100 dollar richer month

This is part of our weekly Money Challenge series.

Welcome to round II of our $100 Richer Month mini-challenges! Last week, we asked you to stash away an extra $25 into investments, so if you’re playing along, you’re now up $25 and ready for the next task…

Here we go!

This week’s challenge: Pay off an extra $25 towards your debt right now!

A quick win for your net worth that only requires you to do two things:

• Send an extra $25 there :)

If you don’t have any debt, repeat last week’s challenge and invest another $25.

Give us a quick “I’m in!” so we know you’re with us!

*****

PS: To check out the others following along in our mini-challenges, click here and scroll to the bottom.

Derek heads up the Weekly Money Challenges here at Rockstar Finance and over in the Rockstar Money Forums. He also runs an outrageous blog and podcast over at HowDoIMoney.com - check it out!

9 responses to ★ Money Challenge #24: Pay Off $25 of Debt!

1. Mrs. Picky Pincher May 15th, 2017 at 9:04 am

I’m in! Just pre-paid an extra $25 to my garbage bill. It’s not much, but it’s a good feeling. :)

2. Mark M May 16th, 2017 at 7:42 pm

I’m in. $25 to student loans.

Pebble in the ocean, man…

• J. Money May 17th, 2017 at 11:59 am

Those pebbles make up quite the beautiful beach, though!

• derek May 17th, 2017 at 12:16 pm

You are soooo poetic! ;)

• derek May 17th, 2017 at 12:18 pm

Mark –

I feel ya man. It can feel almost comical to throw such a small amount of money at such a large debt. Hard to connect the dots between small payments and the end goal of having no debt. I totally feel you! We’ve been paying off student loans for almost 7 years now and this might finally be the year they are gone forever!

3. Zac May 22nd, 2017 at 12:05 pm

I’m in!

I cashed in some newly-vested restricted company stock to pay (much more than) $25 off of my mortgage.

4. Cara June 8th, 2017 at 10:52 am

I’m in! Paid on credit card debt!